Home > Our Team > Delbert Ochola
Delbert is an Associate attached to the dispute resolution practice area. His practice focuses on Civil and Commercial Litigation, Corporate and Commercial Law, Constitutional and Human Rights Litigation, Employment and Labour Law, Insurance Claims, Debt Recovery, and Family Law. He is currently undertaking Master of Laws (LL.M) in International Law and Regulation at Strathmore Law School where he has been exposed to Capital Markets and Securities Law, Insolvency and Restructuring Law, Syndicated Lending, Project Financing, issuance of Sovereign Bonds, Fintech Law, among other areas within that area of specialization.
Delbert is an alumnus of Kabarak University (LL.B) and has a post-graduate diploma from the Kenya School of Law. He previously worked at Mohammed Muigai LLP and Okweh Achiando and Company Advocates before joining the G & A team.
- Successfully defended the Konza Technopolis Development Authority in a dispute before the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board challenging the award of a tender for the construction of a conference facility.
- Successfully defended the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) at the Employment and Labour Relations Court in various causes filed by former Judicial Staff, claiming unfair termination of employment and/or wrongful dismissal.
- Part of the team that is presently representing the National Irrigation Authority in a Petition challenging the implementation of the Lower Kuja Irrigation Development Project.
- Part of the team that moved the Employment and Labour Relations Court sitting at Nairobi to suspend the implementation of the 1.5% housing levy that was to be levied on workers’ monthly pay to create a housing fund in Milimani ELRC Petition No. 138 of 2018.
- Part of the team that conducted a Legal, Compliance and Governance audit of a leading regional bank.
- Part of the team that prepared a Human Resource Practice and Procedures Manual and a Whistleblower’s policy for a leading export company that is at the forefront of fresh produce, flowers and logistics.
- Advised a leading Human Resource Recruitment Agency on the best entity and structure for incorporating similar entities within the East African Community
Activities and Affiliations
- Participant in the Stakeholder Review of the Kabarak University Law School Bachelor of Laws Curriculum
- Review as a representative of the Alumni (February & March 2020)
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya