Claudeta is in the real estate, banking and finance department. She diligently advises a diverse range of clients including property developers, real estate investors, proprietors of the commercial building, and financial institutions on complex transactions and projects relating to real estate and banking.
Claudeta holds a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from the University of Nairobi, a Post-Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law, and is currently pursuing studies towards certification as a certified public secretary.
Claudeta has a robust experience in:
- Advising on and perfection of securities on a marine vessel under the Kenya Merchant Shipping Act.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing land-related contracts which include sale agreements, licenses, and leases.
- Acting for developers in the residential developments including drafting and negotiating the agreements for lease, sale agreements, and long-term leases in respect of the residential houses in the development.
- Acting for a developer in the commercial development and negotiating commercial leases with tenants.
- Advising diverse classes of clientele on real estate taxes including stamp duty and capital gains tax.
- Advising and perfecting securities which include legal charges, debentures and security agreements under the Movable Property Security Rights Act (MPSRA).
- Advising and training commercial banks on the processes of perfection of securities, conducting due diligence; advising on execution, stamp duty, and registration.
- Advising local banks on Islamic Finance including structuring and drafting documents for the various Islamic finance products to comply with both shari’ah principles and Kenyan law.
- Representing clients in relation to mixed use developments including carrying out due diligence and negotiating sale agreements and advising the client on various issues touching on planning laws and user restrictions.
- Engaged in research and preparing legal opinions on issues affecting clients especially the financial institutions.
- Advising financial institutions on inter-lending agreements.
- Advising and training clients on emerging issues in the real estate and banking sector.
Member of the Law Society of Kenya