Charles holds a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from The University of Nairobi and a Post-Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
He joined the firm as a pupil in 2021 following a rigorous and competitive recruitment process. He exhibited exceptional and exemplary results which earned him retention as an Associate in the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Department given his ability to offer tailor-made solutions to Clients’ unique and diverse needs.
Charles has acted for and advised numerous clients in various areas including:-
- Commercial Litigation,
- Environmental and Land Law,
- Constitutional and Administrative Law,
- Intellectual Property Law, Procurement Law,
- Real Estate and Finance Law,
- Governance Law,
- Procurement Law,
- Insurance Law,
- Corporate Law and Employment Law.
He has acted for clients not only local but in the East African region and across the Atlantic.
Some of Charles’ notable assignments include:-
- Successfully representing a major leading financial institution in challenging orders that stopped it from recovering amounts due to it and further facilitating the repayment of over Kshs. 500,000,000 owed to it;
- He also successfully represented a County Government in ensuring the actualisation of a procurement contract to the tune of Kshs. 450,000,000;
- He formed part of the team that secured credit facilities to the tune USD 13,000,000;
- He was part of the team that successfully challenged orders restraining the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission from closing Enhanced Continuous Voter Registration;
- He was also part of the team that advised the National Assembly on the Sustainable Waste Management Bill, 2021 that was enacted into the Sustainable Waste Management Act, 2022;
- He formed part of the team that guided and represented a leading financial institution before a County Government ad-hoc Committee;
- He conducted a legal audit and aligned an employerâs corporate structure ensuring compliance with Constitutional and statutory provisions thus limiting its exposure.