Creative problem-solving and innovative structuring are at the heart of what we do.
The firm’s integrated capabilities serve a diverse client base that includes investors, financiers and other corporates both in an advisory and transactional capacity.
The firm continues to consistently enhance its offering and technical capacity within the department.
- Represented a leading electricity generating company in the negotiations, drafting and implementing of a geothermal drilling contract in Djibouti valued at Kshs.709,000,000 and currently advising on the various aspects of contract implementation.
- Advising a Development Agency on the financing, development and delivery of a turnkey real estate project of a retail mall consisting of shops, offices and parking spaces valued at KShs 3,860,000,000/=. The Project entailed various contracts entered into between the Authority and other parties so as to have the Project financed, constructed and developed for the Authority.
- The firm has conducted extensive reviews and training for local petroleum laws for various clients including international oil companies and government bodies. Provided advisory briefs and opinions on proposed tax amendments affecting the Upstream Sector in the Finance Bill 2016. Provided advisory opinions to international oil companies on proposed local content laws in the draft petroleum, local content regulations published by the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum.
- We have also consulted for Telkom Kenya Limited in respect of its intended sale and subsequent leaseback of its BTS infrastructure valued in excess of US$100 million.
- The firm has advised, reviewed and drafted commercial agreements for one of the country’s flagship infrastructure projects that would ultimately increase job creation, increase industrialization, reduce the cost of doing business, urbanization of rural areas, increase regional trade and increase tourism.
Advanced Electronic Signatures: Applicability and Prospects in the Kenyan Financial Market
The digital age is here with us and the Kenyan financial market is not left behind. The technological revolution has altered the traditional mode of doing things from communication to the exchange of documents between transacting parties. In that response, the President assented to the Business Laws (Amendment) Act, 2020 (the Act). The Act has, […]
Summary Guidance For Conducting Virtual And Hybrid Meetings
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected different Kenyan businesses and sectors in diverse ways. Faced with various unprecedented challenges and the absence of a clear legal framework, many of the businesses so affected have resorted to novel and innovative methods of progressing their key operations. The restrictions on movement and public gatherings as part of the […]
Legal Opinion on the Doctrine of Force Majeure
Force-majeure is a term that has its origin in French language with its literal meaning being superior force. In the context of contract law, Force-majeure is defined as an event or effect that can neither be anticipated nor controlled; especially, an unprecedented event that prevents someone from doing or completing something that they had agreed […]